Thursday 22 July 2010

Letter to Mr Obama re: Kentucky dogs

Dear Mr President,
I know you are a very busy man but I hope you can spare a moment to read my letter. My husband and I are cycling across America following the Trans Am route, we are from Ireland and both in our early fifties, and this , for us, is the trip of a lifetime. We began in Oregon and so far have travelled through Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming and Colorado. We cycled through the Rockies, risking life and limb with bears and other wild animals and have now arrived at Pueblo, Colorado, unscathed!
Along the way we have met many other cyclists doing the same route. All the cyclists coming from East to West have one thing in common to say and that is" BEWARE OF THE BIKE CHASING DOGS OF KENTUCKY!!" That is my reason for writing to you, in the hope that you can invoke some form of legislation enforcing dog owners to keep their dogs restrained, before we get to Kentucky. I would rather bears on the road than dogs! Please can you help? Perhaps you might have a quick word with the Governor of Kentucky for me, I'd be ever so grateful. As I am on the go you will not be able to respond to my letter, however you may get in touch by email should you wish. My email address is mary1norton@hotmail.com
I think you are doing a great job Mr President but you've got one heck of a big country to keep track of!
Yours Sincerely,
Mary Norton

1 comment: